close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Member Profile: eb3guy (16 posts)

Advertisement    
 
Hello, I'm eb3guy (report this user)
I am from India
I last logged in on 10 Sep 2015
I have been a member since 18 Oct 2013
I have added 16 posts in trackitt forums
I added my last post on 17 Sep 2015
eb3guy's Posts
Posted in H-1B Forum on 17 Sep 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

2010...I had the same plan as you..wait to get close to priority date and jump. Made the jump and the EB2 date also decided to jump back to 2005.....
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 17 Sep 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

My last employer refused to upgrade me to 'EB2' even though I am eligible for it. I too was in a rather comfortable position with them job wise, but the wait as you said was unacceptable. I needed a finish line ,hence the move to desi where I am getting my GC done in EB2. With the way the EB2 dates have fallen back..I do not know at this point if it even makes any difference...but hey..no more useless appraisal cycles and having to deal with office politics.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 17 Sep 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

Hi Manish,

I had mulled over this dilemma for a long time and finally chose the desi route. In the end it all comes down to your comfort level and priority (GC v/s career/money).

My experience with big firms have burned me with regard to GC processing. Believe it or not,this is the 3rd time I am starting over with this process. As far as GC, my past 2 attempts as FTE with big firms ended badly (PERM audit/rejection, second filed in EB3) and I have lost considerable time in an already slow and broken process.

This is the main reason I decided to go with desi over CapGemini. With the desi I have full control over my immigration related matters, as it is my top priority. Flip side is you are essentially on your own with regards to getting a job and staying employed. If you have a family and are the solo earner, the insurance premium is gonna bleed you every month. Once you take the plunge into consulting, it is again on you to keep up to date with the current trends and technologies to get a good rate.

Weigh the pros and cons and take a calculated risk. This is a decision you need to reach on your own.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 10 Sep 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Just to update everyone.

I did take up the job with the Desi guy. I made him file in premium and also told the end client that I need client letter prior to me joining, as there is a visa transfer involved. If they don't provide client letter, I am out.

I secured the client letter for premium filing and joined the end client based on receipt notice. Still a risk, but some chance needs to be taken.

Thankfully, my H1B was approved without issues and now I am relaxed.

My Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 10 Sep 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I did not take the Capgemini offer. I felt the salary was too low for NYC and they were not willing to reduce the GC "initiation" time down to 3 months ,like I requested.

I was ready to join at the salary they offered provided ,they start GC in 3 months and make that part of the offer letter. That , they were not willing to do.

Fed up with the big players(JPMC, CapGemini), I took the desi consultancy route and my perm will be filed next month (total wait of 3 months) , also I have direct access to the lawyer any time I want. And , the pay is better, even after adjusting for out of pocket insurance payment. If this is an option, go desi... you will have more control over your immigration matters.

Thanks.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 19 Jul 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Thanks once again, Sir. I absolutely don't plan to resign till I get the offer letter.

The original reasoning the desi gave against premium processing is that chances of RFE is very high and I wouldn't have had time to build a good enough rapport with the end client to obtain a client letter , which is crucial to clear the RFE. His suggestion was to go with regular , establish a good working relation with the client and if required upgrade to premium later.

Now that I know premium processing is back online, I will get back to the desi and ask for a receipt notice. I will also ask the end client if they will support me with a letter should my petition get hit with an RFE.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 19 Jul 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Oh..thank you. I should have checked the site.This give me new talking points with the desi guy.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 18 Jul 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed comment.

I believe H1B transfers via premium will resume on 7/27.

The desi firm said they will be providing the offer letter the day they file the LCA, upon which I need to also resign from my current employer.

I am not legally required to do 2 weeks with the current employer, but since that is something done on good faith,and you never know when you might need them again.

I am legally allowed to work for the new employer (desi consultant) and the end client, once USCIS receives the I-129 the desi has filed. The trouble is his insistence , asking me to resign just on the basis of LCA filing.

If the LCA was certified and he shows me proof of I-129 filed, then I dont mind resigning from the current employer. - do you think this action is prudent?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 18 Jul 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Thank you.

That is what normally happens. The trouble in my situation is that I need to give notice to my client on 7/20 to meet the 2 week obligation and then join the new client on 8/3 - they are so far very firm with that joining date.

If I can buy one more week's time from the new end client, would it be safe to resign after my LCA has been certified and the new employer submitted the I-129 to USCIS ? Receipt notice will still be 7 to 14 days away and I will lose this job if I wait that long.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 18 Jul 2015
Topic: Urgent:H1B job change and resignation based on LCA filed

Hi Folks,

After several tough interview rounds, I have landed a great job with the end client. I am transferring my H1B from company A to a desi consultant B, based on my approved I-140 with company A. The desi consultant B, wants me to resign and give notice period to my current employer A, the day they (desi company B) file the LCA. They informed me that LCA will get approved in 5 -7 days and then they will file I-129 for H1B transfer and that I am eligible to work for them once USCIS receives the transfer request. This way, I can meet my 2 week notice period obligation with my current employer and join the end client , who has asked me to Join on Aug 3, 2015.

I do not have the luxury to wait for H1b approval as the end client is firm with the join date of Aug 3, 2015 and H1B premium processing is currently suspended.

Should I take a leap of faith and resign the day the desi files the LCA or Should I wait for LCA certification and have him send out the I-129 before resigning? Or is the risk just not worth it ? I am losing considerable sleep and peace of mind due to the pressure from all sides (end client and desi company B).

Given the fact that I cannot wait for H1b approval, when is the best time that I should put in my resignation with my current employer ?

-- Thanks for any advice
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 11 Apr 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

Thanks everyone for putting things in perspective.

Yes..there is a bonus of 15%, But I do not read much into variable components for the single reason that they are "variable".

The base of 115K is not a real increment for me when adjusted for cost of living. In fact , I may be making less than what I make currently. The main draw for me is simply GC process and the company brand name.

I will try negotiating the GC time down to 2 months or ASAP. If anyone has experience with Capgemini's GC process..please do give me a shout out.

Thanks All
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 11 Apr 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

Thanks AriAks.

I am married and have a 5 year old kid.Spouse on H4. I currently have an approved I-140 (I am past the 6 year H1B mark), hence prompt GC /perm filing is a must for me.

I understand that these big firms move at a snail's pace when it comes to GC. What I am trying to understand is how soon can these folks get the ball rolling and if I can shorten the start from 6 months to 2 months, that much the better.

Yes..$115K , like I said barely helps me break even.I am ready to take a salary hit for the sake of GC. What salary would you recommend, which is ideal given my station in life ? I am planning to re negotiate for $135K not sure if they will withdraw the offer or not.

Does anyone have any experience with perm filing in Capgemini?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in H-1B Forum on 11 Apr 2015
Topic: Capgemini offer and GC

Greetings forum Gurus!

Much appreciated if you could make your's truly make up his mind about an offer from Capgemini.

I have 13 years work experience in IT (Data warehousing/BI space) and have been offered the position of "Lead Consultant" with Capgemini. I feel I may have been given the really short end of the stick in the bargain as my Base pay has been set at $115 K. The position is in New York City and at this salary I just about break even when doing a cost living compare (currently in Ohio).

I come with immigration baggage and Capgemini has agreed to start my Green Card process within 6 months after joining (they took their pound of flesh from me for GC processing and hence the figure of $115K)

1)Am I making the right decision here? Should I insist for more base pay ?Or is this in line with what they pay "Lead Consultants" ?

2)Is 6 months the usual duration with Capgemini to initiate Green Card processing ? I don't mind the salary hit, provided they can initiate the same in say 2 -3 months.

Thanks for any and all advice!
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in Atlanta PERM Forum on 08 Nov 2013
Topic: C*S onsite bench period

Folks,

My client has run out of funding and is laying off all contractors and by nov 30th my term ends.

I still have a valid visa, with I-140 filed. What is the bench period for C*S ? I am concerned with this contract termination coming during the holiday period. Some folks say that C*S follows a very aggressive 2 week bench, followed by either termination or relocation back to India.

I have been in the US for close to 10 years and I cannot pack up and leave just because C*S says so and do not have any contacts within the organization to ask for a hand out.

Is the bench policy this aggressive ? What are my options, In case I cannot land a job in 2 weeks ?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in Atlanta PERM Forum on 08 Nov 2013
Topic: PERM application for CTS (Cognizant) employees

Folks,

Apologies for hijacking the core subject of this thread,but am posting this in a state of panic. My client has run out of funding and is laying off all contractors and by nov 30th,2013 my term ends.

I still have a valid visa, with I-140 filed. What is the bench period for C*S ? I am concerned with this contract termination coming during the holiday period. Some folks say that C*S follows a very aggressive 2 week bench, followed by either termination or relocation back to India.

I have been in the US for close to 10 years and I cannot pack up and leave just because C*S says so and do not have any sugar daddy's within the organization to ask for a hand out.

Is the bench policy this aggressive ? What are my options, In case I cannot land a job in 2 weeks ?

Once again my apologies for diverting the discussion.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 18 Oct 2013
Topic: Job change on I-140.How much H1B time will I get?

I have a Labor and I-140 approved from my current company, A. I have H-1 B extension done based on I-140 approval for 3 years. This extension expires in early 09/2014.

I now have a job offer from company B. They are ready to do the H1 transfer , but will not be able to start my GC process before June of 2014.

Is it possible to get another 3 year H1 B extension with company B when they transfer my H1 ,based on my I-140 approval from employer A ? I.e on tranfer of H1b to company B, will it be valid till 2017 or only till 09/2014?

Appreciate any help I can get as this determines whether I can accept the job offer or not.
I don't like this postI like this post