close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Member Profile: a1kan (8 posts)

Advertisement    
 
Hello, I'm a1kan (report this user)
I am from India
I last logged in on 18 Jan 2015
I have been a member since 10 Jan 2012
I have added 8 posts in trackitt forums
I added my last post on 18 Jan 2015
a1kan's Immigration Cases
 
PERM case: Approved in 324 days (89 days more than average)   (0 comments)
User: a1kan Nationality: India
Priority Date:24 Jun 2010Category:EB3
Audit Received?:noAudit Received Date:
Reason for Audit:Audit Replied Date:
Application Status:approvedApproval/Denial Date:14 May 2011
Total Processing Time:324 daysDays Elapsed:
Case Added to Tracker: 01 May 2014 Last Updated: 01 May 2014
Notes:
a1kan's Posts
Posted in Atlanta PERM Forum on 18 Jan 2015
Topic: PERM application for CTS (Cognizant) employees

What is current time frame to get Perm approved. My Perm filed in Nov 2013. I changed from EB3 to EB2 and now still waiting for approval. Priority date is Jun2010.

Any thoughts ?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in Atlanta PERM Forum on 22 Dec 2014
Topic: PERM application for CTS (Cognizant) employees

All,

I need some help and guidance here. Currently my perm is files under EB2 and its more than year i am waiting for approval.
After which I need file I140.
Although I have EB3 I140 approved so I have no issues staying in US as long as project is there.
Recently I came to know that my current project is ending in couple of months. There is opening from the same company in Canada however I am not sure if I accept any project in Canada if my GC process can continue. I am looking for guidance on below items.
1. Can company continue my GC process even though my Visa is expired i.e. end of 2015
2. Once my Perm is approved, can i file for I140 while I am in canada ?
3. When do i have to be in US during the process ?
4. Staying in Canada and continuing GC process, what would be impact and any precautions i need to take ?
5. Once my visa is expired, do i have to file new visa or it can be extended ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 30 Mar 2014
Topic: Birth certificate requirement for Green Card

Thanks I already went through this but the format Birth certificate i have is from Gram panchayat and doesn;t specify anything about country / state etc.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 30 Mar 2014
Topic: Birth certificate requirement for Green Card

Thanks Jimit. The issue us existing birth certificate is from Gram panchayat and doesn;t specify any thing about State or country. So even if it is translated, can the notary add more details in his/her translated doc ?

Thanks.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 29 Mar 2014
Topic: Birth certificate requirement for Green Card

Hi,

Need some help to understand the requirements for birth certificate for GC.
My wife has a birth certificate but it is from village gram panchayat and not in English.
It states necessary details for my wife and her parents e.g. birth date and names of both parents registration number etc.

However I am little skeptical that i can use it for GC processing. What are the options if I have to get the valid birth certificate based of off this document ?
In India is there any government body who could help with that ?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 21 Jan 2012
Topic: Criteria for EB2 -- Critical please help

Thanks everyone. I am hoping for the best. I'll see if management can help..else i have to try last option to change.

Appreciate your time and guidance.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 10 Jan 2012
Topic: Criteria for EB2 -- Critical please help

Well based on the response from immigration team it doesn;t state about company policy.
It clearly says the requirement for EB2. Also few of my other friends ( lesser experience and salary) who are filing perm this year have been filed under EB2. Thats differentiation pisses me off. It clearly indicates the decision is upto the person who handles the case.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 10 Jan 2012
Topic: Criteria for EB2 -- Critical please help

Hi,

I have bachelor degree and 9 years of experience in software. Currently I am working for a firm and as per the immigration department they say that i am not qualified for the EB2 mainly because of the salary requirement.
I am working in Connecticut at client location where as the employer head office is in new jersy.

Here are exact statements provided by the immigration department:
All PERM cases are filed out of our NJ office. Therefore, the Prevailing Wage Determination is based from NJ, not the state where the Employee is working. Additionally, the prevailing wage used for H-1B purposes is different from the prevailing wage used for PERM purposes. The current prevailing wage for EB2 (Bachelor + 5 yrs exp) is very high, $107,453, and since company's minimum salary requirement is based on the prevailing wage, it is also high. Therefore, you do not meet it with your current salary. My salary is between 75K-80K.

And after that my case was filed in EB3 in Jun 2010. I am interested to know if there any such criteria in EB2 where it needs salary of 100+K. If this is the case i feel very few my friends who work for consultants would never be illegible for EB2.
Right now I am thinking to raise a concern with higher management about the my Perm filing that it was fake criteria provided and request to file my case in EB2. Else last option is to leave the organization.
I would appreciate your comments advice on how to handle this situation.
I don't like this postI like this post